doTERRA is a US-based company that has been selling therapeutic-grade essential oils since 2008. They pride themselves in being one of the first to standardise only the highest quality essential oils from around the world as Certified Therapeutic Grade (CPTG).
Aromatherapy has been described as the practice of using natural oils to help enhance one’s wellbeing. These small vials on pure essential oils can be used to help sleep, uplift, calm, and even keep sickness at bay. I don’t believe they are the end all and be all of modern medicine, but I do believe that your well being has a lot to do with your your senses and the senses of smell and touch play crucial roles.
I recently purchased doTERRA’s Family Essentials Kit through doTERRA Therapy Philippines. These 9 bottles of essential oils were chosen for specific tasks. Here are the attributes of each essential oil or essential oil mix as described by doTERRA.com. Read till the bottom and get a chance to win doTERRA goodies for yourself and some friends.
Melaleuca: More commonly known as “Tea Tree,” Melaleuca essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Melaleuca tree were used by the Aborigines of Australia for centuries. They would crush the leaves and inhale the oil to promote feelings of clear breathing and apply the leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect. Melaleuca is best known for its purifying properties. It can be used to cleanse and purify the skin and nails and to support a healthy complexion. Taken internally, Melaleuca promotes healthy immune function*, and Melaleuca can be used on surfaces throughout the home to protect against environmental threats. Melaleuca is frequently used on occasional skin irritations to soothe the skin and diffusing Melaleuca will help purify and freshen the air.
* For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
* Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.*
* Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
* Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keeps nails looking healthy.
* Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional health practices for its cleansing and immune-boosting properties.* The primary chemical components of Oregano are carvacol and thymol, both in the phenols group, which possess cleansing and antioxidant properties.* Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano; only one to two drops is needed. Additionally, Oregano should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin. One drop taken daily can help maintain healthy immune function; Oregano can be taken more frequently when seasonal threats are high or as needed to further support the immune system.* In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano also supports healthy digestion.* Oregano acts as an enhancer and equalizer in essential oil blends and can help support healthy respiratory function when taken internally.*
* Take one drop daily to maintain healthy immune function.*
* Add one to two drops to a veggie capsule to support healthy respiratory function.*
* Put one drop in place of dried oregano in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, or on a roast.
* Put 10 drops in a 16-ounce spray bottle with water for a surface cleaner.
Deep Blue: doTERRA Deep Blue is perfect for a soothing massage after a long day of work. Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, Helichrysum, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus work together to soothe and cool. After long hours on the computer, try rubbing Deep Blue proprietary blend on your fingers, wrists, shoulders, and neck. A few drops of Deep Blue Soothing Blend diluted in Fractionated Coconut Oil can be part of a cooling and comforting massage.
* Apply on feet and knees before and after exercise.
* Massage Deep Blue with a few drops of carrier oil onto growing kids’ legs before bedtime.
* Rub Deep Blue on lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
DigestZen is known as doTERRA’s “tummy tamer” blend due to its ability to aid in digestion, soothe occasional stomach upset, and maintain overall digestive health.* This unique blend contains Ginger, Fennel, and Coriander to help ease occasional stomach discomfort, including motion sickness and indigestion, while Peppermint, Tarragon, Anise, and Caraway aid with digestion and help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.* DigestZen is great to have on hand when stomach upset occurs and is safe and effective. DigestZen is a healthy, natural, and gentle way to soothe an upset stomach or maintain a healthy digestive system.*
Add a few drops to water to take internally or rub on the stomach before flying or taking a road trip for a calming aroma.
Have DigestZen on hand when enjoying heavy holiday meals to promote digestion.*
Take DigestZen with you when traveling or trying new foods to soothe occasional stomach upset.*
Add to water or tea to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.*
On Guard: doTERRA On Guard, a proprietary essential oil blend, provides a natural and effective alternative for immune support.* As one of doTERRA’s best-selling blends, doTERRA On Guard protects against environmental and seasonal threats with essential oils known for their positive effects on the immune system.* doTERRA On Guard can be taken internally on a daily basis to maintain healthy immune function and support healthy cardiovascular function.* It can also be used on surfaces throughout the home as a non-toxic cleaner. When diffused, doTERRA On Guard helps purify the air, and can be very energizing and uplifting.
Add two to three drops in a veggie capsule for an immune boost.*
Add to water for an effective all-purpose surface cleaner.
Soak sliced apples in water and a few drops for a healthy, immune-boosting snack.*
Combine a few drops of doTERRA On Guard with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a natural hand cleanser.
Lemon: The top-selling doTERRA essential oil, Lemon has multiple benefits and uses. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air and surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, Lemon provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day. Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes. Taken internally, Lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits and supports healthy respiratory function. When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to help improve mood.
* Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
* Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces. Lemon oil also makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
* Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
* Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
* Diffuse to create an uplifting environment.
Breathe: doTERRA Breathe is a remarkable blend of essential oils including Laurel Leaf, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Lemon, Cardamom, Ravintsara, and Ravensara. doTERRA Breathe maintains feelings of clear airways and easy breathing while minimizing the effects of seasonal threats. doTERRA Breathe can be applied topically to the chest, back, or bottom of feet, or diffused at nighttime to calm the senses and promote a restful sleep.
Diffuse, inhale directly from palms, or rub on chest or feet when seasonal and environmental threats are high.
Use when outdoors to minimize the effects of seasonal threats.
Diffuse at bedtime for a restful night’s sleep.
Lavender has been used and cherished for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and myriad benefits. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume; it is widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities which continue to be Lavender’s most notable qualities. Lavender is frequently used to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck. Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet to promote a restful night’s sleep. Due to Lavender’s versatile properties, it is considered the must-have oil to have on hand at all times.
*Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
*Keep a bottle of Lavender on hand to soothe occasional skin irritations.
*Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavender with water in a spray bottle.
*Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
Frankincense: Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits.In addition to its notoriety in the New Testament, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and help reduce the appearance of imperfections. As the king of oils, Frankincense is known to support healthy cellular function.* When inhaled or diffused, Frankincense promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
* Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening for a warming and soothing effect.
* Helps reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
* Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
* Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.
Peppermint: The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. A high menthol content—like that found in the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil—distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral hygiene, Peppermint also helps alleviate occasional stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function.* Peppermint continues to be one of the best-selling favorites among doTERRA essential oils.
* Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
* Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
* Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
* Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
Now for the fun part: DoTERRA Philippines is giving away this introduction kit of three premium grade essential oils to one lucky Cat JL follower on Instagram. They are also going to give away two Baby Set packs to two of your friends! Here’s how to join.
- Follow Doterra Therapy on Instagram.
- Repost ANY of the photos on this blog entry on your own IG account.
- Share on the photo why you would like to win this DoTERRA intro pack, tag two friends.
- Put the hashtag #catjlxdoterra
- Be sure your IG account is public so we can see your post!
Five finalists will be chosen by February 22, 2017 and announced here and via FB. The first finalist to email me will win the prize!
Learn more about doTERRA Therapy Philippines through their: