Inspired by some other bloggers I follow (*ahem* The Spoiled Mummy, Patty Laurel and of course Oprah) I’ve decided to create a list of some of my favorite things at the end of every month. These are items I’ve either bought or have been given that are I really enjoy using and will most probably be around for a while. Hope you enjoy my first list of items for the year.
1. Elin Oatmeal Top: I was recently invited to learn more about maternity brand Elin and loved their super comfy tops in flattering cuts. You can see me wearing this top in this pic. Elin items can be purchased through their website.
2. Naturactor Concealer Foundation (shade 151): I was offered this little tub of pigment by a friend. I think it’s way too heavy to use as a foundation, but as an under eye concealer (I use my trusty Laura Mercier concealer brush to keep the tub clean) it is a dream. Place a few dots under your eyes, pat gently with your fingers till blended, set with a setting powder and voila! Coverage that doesn’t crease or budge the whole day!
3. Tory Burch Lipstick in Pretty Lady: This gorgeous shade of pink is now my work day staple. It’s sheer enough to not be too loud, but adds the perfect flush of color for the day. (Tory Burch cosmetics can be purchased through Rustan’s Beauty Source)
4. Praiaz Beach Shoes: I’ve always been envious of my son’s pure rubber shoes whenever we hit the sand, so I was doing a happy dance of my own when I received this pair in my favorite color at the recent 3rd Mompreneur Summit. They are super comfy, float in water, and are perfect for a day outdoors. (Praiaz distributors can be found here)
5. Avene Thermal Water: I never thought that using water as a toner would do much, but this product surprised me and is now my nightly staple before bed. I wake up with skin that is less red, more balanced, and super refreshed. You can read my full review of this wonder product here. My mom even swears by it. (Avenue products can be bought online at calyxta.com)
6. Manuka Honey Suckles: Whenever I feel a little blah or a sore throat coming alone, I have one or two of these babies and I instantly feel better. They’re not very sweet and have quite an interesting taste, but they definitely get the job done. (You can learn more about where to purchase these at manukahealth.ph)